Despite being one of the youngest major medical research institutes in Australia, the Westmead Institute traces its origins back to the University of Sydney (est. 1852) and Westmead Hospital (est. 1978). In 2014, the Westmead Institute opened their new $110 million research institute. Comcut was contracted by the Westmead Institute to manufacture and install new logos to the southern and western walls along with a new entry sign and general internal directional signs. The main external sign on the western wall spanned across seven metres and was 3D fabricated acrylic letters all LED illuminated. The large logo on the southern wall was four metres wide and just over three metres high. This aluminium fabricated logo was built in sections and installed on the nine story building.
In 2015, the building received the highest honour in NSW architecture, the Sulman Medal for Public Architecture.